Wednesday 8 October 2014

Hello and thank you for stopping by! My name's Naomi and I make and sell handmade upcycled accessories.

I love to give new life and beauty to vintage, upcycled and remnant fabrics and create new handmade products, ready to 'bloom' once more. I source my fabrics from vintage traders, the TRAID clothes/fabrics recycling warehouse, charity shops and family and friends. All fabrics in my stash then get a good and thorough clean in the washing machine before I cut, snip and stitch them into new handmade products, ready to be enjoyed again as something new and unique. I love florals and nature and these are a strong feature in my designs. I have recently discovered the wonderful world of freehand machine embroidery and am looking forward to adding more intricate details to my designs using the technique. I've been enjoying designing and making for many years now and decided in 2011 to start selling my creations.


I currently sell through my Facebook and Folksy pages and in person at various fairs and markets. I work from home in my little studio area (which is slowly taking over!) with my trusty sewing machine, piles of vintage fabrics and bowls of rescued/reused buttons and fit in my making around an often busy family life of four children. Mr Upcycled Creatively also loves to lend a hand when he can, making all the labels and packaging and being salesman on our stall. I like to keep as much as I can in keeping with my ethical theme so all the card, paper and bags we use are made from recycled materials. I also source crochet flowers made using fair-trade organic cotton or British wool.


Here's a peek at some of my makes:


To view my latest selection of brooches & corsages I have available see here.

I also make bridal arrangements...see more info HERE



To view my latest selection of mittens and neckwarmers available to buy see here.

I also enjoy making floral hairclips and clothes for children. Please feel free to browse my facebook photo albums to see available items. I am also more than happy to do custom orders too. If you'd like to discuss the prospect of me making you a special custom order please email me at naomijanecreatively@gmail.com and I'll get back to you as quick as I can with fabric and design options.



My latest venture is to embark on teaching sewing workshops! At the moment I have two types of sessions to choose from - A girl's skirt and a patchwork cushion cover. Workshops are £30 each and all materials and fabrics are included, as well as tea coffee and soft drinks, cakes, photo tutorial, my help!...and a goodie bag to take home (with money off voucher!)


You can see more photos and info HERE or send me an email if you have any questions :)

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you liked what you saw :) If you'd like to try some upcycling of your own I have some tutorials here on my blog too.

Now I really must pop off to finish making tea...

Bye for now,
Naomi x






No comments:

Post a Comment